Sponsored By: HyLite LED Lighting
With Michael & Greg
1/21/19 – Lighting Episode 59(Full Version) – Michael & Greg 29:30
In this episode of Get A Grip On Lighting Podcast, Greg and Michael acknowledge and call out ALL the biases that happen in the lighting industry. This is an excellent reminder for leaders, business owners, and influencers in the field, especially now that we just entered a new year.
Discover the different types of biases that we encounter: group bias, conviction bias, confirmation bias, and superiority bias. Whenever possible, we should try to overcome them. It’s high time to take a quick check so that we stay in business and, more importantly, stay valuable to our customers.
At the end of the episode, Michael also gives book recommendations for all of you so make sure to tune in!
• [01:55] 2019 is the year of Lighting Bad Asses.
• [03:07] Group Bias: It becomes difficult to stand up on your own.
• [06:08] Conviction Bias: Believing in an idea and unwilling to examine the facts.
• [09:50] Confirmation Bias: Finding the evidence that you want.
• [11:40] Switching to high-efficiency LED.
• [13:00] Superiority Bias: You think you’re the BOMB.
• [14:50] There’s a lot of uncertainty with the fast-paced change of technologies.
• [18:07] Ensuring quality replacements are given to end users.
• [19:16] How do lighting companies handle these kinds of biases?
• [25:20] Michael’s book recommendations for Get A Grip on Lighting Podcast listeners!